Add by Poisa

Friday, May 3

WordPress Query: Exclude Posts With No Featured Image

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

So - I make WordPress themes - lots of them :)

Something that's bugged me for a while is that I can't easily use the WP_Query to select posts with featured images. This isn't functionality that's needed that often - but it can be desirable for things like image carousels where you need an image to make everything look good.

Today however - I finally found a solution - and it's surprisingly simple. All post data - including the featured image url - us stored in WordPress post meta, it's a shame I hadn't made the connection before. All I have to do to select posts that use featured images is check for the existence of a meta property that is typically hidden.

To do this the query would look something like this:

$args = array( 'meta_key' => '_thumbnail_id' );$query = new WP_Query( $args );For more information on the WP_Query I wrote this post with some WP_Query features you might not know.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment